HELLOOO. Late night blog post to encourage myself!! I've been feeling quite down and i was determined to really start and end my day well but it hasn't been working v well for me. Nonetheless I did enjoy myself today!! :)
TRIED TO START THE DAY W A POSITIVE SELFIE
So we went to my aunt's house to bai nian! We didn't get the chance to do so previously cause she was overseas!! So yeap really glad that we got celebrate CNY altogether even though it's quite late haha. YAY YU SHENG.
Then we started playing taidi which was really fun hehehe. We kept track of our scores!! Chrysilla lost super badly HAHA i couldn't stop laughing omg it was really funny. We were supposed to play with money, it's supposed to be 5 cents per point but eventually we just forgot about paying up :P It's fun enough to play and keep score haha.
Spent practically the entire day there all the way till dinner :D It was a really nice and warm gathering and i felt bad for not studying but it was pretty worth it haha. Other than that i felt quite sad occasionally (over some stuff) which i really need to learn to overcome. It's probably my PMS which is making me especially sad but i'm quite sure that even without it i wouldn't really feel at peace.
Okay can i just rant for awhile. I realised how it's not sustainable to place your hope and happiness in things which are fallible. This made me recall a sermon i attended from v v long ago teaching us how important it is to place your hope solely in God. I think i now realise the importance of it. If you place your hope in material things like wealth, when you lose it how are you going to sustain yourself? Sadly i remembered the sermon teaching that this even applies to family and friends. While the people close to you are extremely important, at the end of the day, only God can truly understand you and you can't expect everyone close to you to understand and be the most sensitive to you. Unfortunately, this is the kind of person I am. I grow too attached to people and depend on them for almost everything. I think non-christians would see this as the solution, that "you can only trust and depend on yourself and only you can make yourself happy." But really, only God can bring us true joy & He is what should be in the centre of our lives. I'm really hoping for God to give me wisdom and determination to achieve this and I really can't wait to see how much stronger and better as a person I will be when it happens.
-Sophia




No comments:
Post a Comment