Monday, April 18, 2016

Birthdays + End of Y1S2!

HI THERE! I'm so sorry i haven't been blogging. Idek who reads hahaha but yeah just apologising in case :P HEHE HERE ARE SOME BRIEF UPDATESS :) FINALS ARE FINALLY OVERRRR. It didn't go too well but oh well i'll just hope for the best :) HERE GOES. 

(Not gonna indicate the dates cause i'm too lazy for that)

DAD'S BIRTHDAY

SO MY DAD IS 53! We went to Imperial Treasure at Paragon to celebrate his birthday for him :D Andy and I bought him a cake from Chocolate Origins haha. I didn't know that it was so good omg my mom told me to just get a small cake then my cousin was like "when it's a bad cake you buy a big one then when it's a cake everyone wants you buy such a small one" LOL OOPS. But it was really rich so best not to eat too much also :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY :D

Mugging for finalss

Sweetest boy surprised me with a little study pack!! :D Kay not little haha even though it just has tea, chocolate and (fake) flowers it was still really sweet and meaningful :) And i appreciated all the post-its hehe. He's damn weird he forgot to bring scissors/post-it and stuff so he had to BUY THEM along with all these HAHA. SO FUNNY LOL. BUT CUTE.

Happily watching Shaun the sheep while i was studying....

Had to video him cause i still don't understand why he likes it HAHAHA. Dk whether to call him cute or weird. 

So we planned our time really nicely and after i was done studying we went to watch Allegiant!! :D

IT....WAS QUITE BAD. LOL. Idk why it was so bad also but once it started like i could alr sense it wasn't gonna be good?? It was very direction-less and weird -.- Ah well we should've watched Zootopia haha.

More studying with FRIENDS 

I studied a lot with Pearl and Joy during the period leading up to finals and they were great company :D They made studying seem a lot less zzz haha. Sometimes we end up talking too much but i guess it's okay we still studied :D

FRIENDSSS

Pearl's Birthday

It was tough thinking of how to celebrate Pearl's bday for her and still make it special since finals were approaching. Sadly Sotong wasn't in Singapore so we couldn't celebrate her bday for her tgt :( Oh well but i managed to think of smth somehow!! Discussed what to do with Noah and Alicia for awhile haha at first Sotong and I were supposed to join them all for dinner but since Sotong couldn't go i decided not to go alone an be an awkward turtle LOL. So i came up with smth else :D

Pearl sent this to us awhile ago hahaha DAMN FUNNY. THEY ARE MORE but they shan't be revealed hehe. Happily posted this on sushiisashimi to wish her at 12am :P

But before i went to surprise Pearl i met my bondue friends!! :) Really wanted to meet them once more before Bali and let Andy meet them again also HAHA. Cause we're all going to bali tgt then so awkward if Andy only met them once :P I guess twice isn't as bad HAHAHA. But it's okay he'll get to know them better during the trip :D Since it was a Friday and Remus's bday was the coming Monday, Ode suggested that we threw him an early bday surprise!! :) SOO THAT'S WHAT WE DID. Andy and i went early to get cake and balloon haha then we came to this place called Beaver! It's at Bugis haha like somewhere opp bugis junction. 

We had to wait super long for TY to slowly find his way here HAHAHA but eventually he did and so we could go on with the surprise!! :D It was damn funny cause right after/while (can't rmb when exactly) we sang happy birthday Remus was like "it's not my birthday.." HAHA LOL. And he said it with his confused face omg i really found it damn funny like obviously we're celebrating in advance?? HAHAHA. 

AND GROUP PIC :D it was a short but really enjoyable meal with them!! Hope he liked his hello kitty balloon hahaha. I was tasked to get the balloon cause i also had to get a balloon for Pearl so yeah why not just get both tgt HAHA.

FRIENDSS. Sigh didn't realise how annoying my voice was

Then i texted Noah to check where they were!! Then Andy and I went to find them! I made her a card and bought her a present and balloon!! :D it was nothing much honestly but still glad i did it :)

AND SURPRISEEE YAYY :) HAPPY 20TH <3 So many years of friendship and it's still going strong YAY. V v thankful :')

This is the pic she liked better HAHA

So the 4 of us talked for awhile then it was time to leave!! I forgot what Andy and i had to do but yeah we had some errands to run or smth...omg my memory zzz. Hahaha but yeah then we went out or smth?

Cause we took this selfie at 6pm HAHAHA but idk what we were out for :P OKAY I ASKED ANDY. Lol this is so embarrassing but ya i rmb what we did alr he went to meet Ws, Marilyn and Nicky while i went to visit my grandfather in the hospital!! He was hospitalised for awhile and the whole family was really really worried :( But he's kind of better now! Going to keep praying for him <3 But i really thank God his operations went smoothly and he's back home now!

Stressful period

Studying only got even more intense :( I was pretty stressed and all but somehow it felt like it would be okay eventually. I wasn't entirely correct but yeah you can't always get what you want :/ ANYWAYY, one of the days i studied with Joy for a short while in the morning! Then Andy came over to SMU to join us for lunch so the 3 of us had lunch tgt at Maki-San :D IT WAS NICE HEHE. I like how Joy appreciates that we make people around us feel comfortable when they're alone with us :) But maybe it's just her also lah haha idk if everyone really feels this way :P

After maki-san we went to Starbucks and we sat there and talked for awhile hehe then it was time to leave and resume studying!! I had to follow Andy to Bugis to collect his new S6 (S6 not S7 haha) then we went back to his house and i resumed mugging!! Omg it was damn sian he was just happily gaming and doing his own stuff and i was just miserable :( Haha but what to do right. I think maybe that's when i kept questioning myself like "is my GPA really that important..".  I think a part of me still can't let go of As and how it really left my feeling so disappointed and inadequate. I feel like having a good GPA would make me feel like i can actually achieve smth better and that i don't necessarily always have to disappoint myself. But really i think that's v foolish of me because grades obviously don't define me (they don't define anyone) so yeap i know i'm doing the right thing by learning to let go & just reminding myself that there are better things to focus on!! No matter what my grades are i'm always loved by God and the people around me who matter <3

NEW WALLET DAY

Finally changed my wallet omg :O It's been idk how long since i've used that pink Charles & Keith wallet that Pristine got for me in JC!! I rmb i was really touched when i got it :') Haha time to move on but it indeed served me well :D

& i found more pics from production!! SIGH why my section so chio but i'm so unglam omg...haha oh well but they're an awesome bunch :D Hope we grow closer during Coburg!! :)

i kinda like this intense shot :D

Not the best pic of me but i was still glad to see an indiv pic of me!! :)

WELL LOOK WHO IT IS. Haha yeah my fam and Andy, Nicky and Wh sat really near each other! :)

FINAL BOW can you spot me :D

And last section pic :) 

FINALS BEGIN

The morning on my stats paper i was still happily taking selfies (using snapchat) LOL why was i even in such a jolly mood ZZ. Haha i was kinda excited about the day cause Andy got to book out so yeah i was really looking forward to meeting him!! :) We planned to have lunch at Bugis at Poulet :) 

Met at 12 for lunch and at 12.30 i suddenly decided to double check the timing of my stats paper....and i got the biggest shock of my life (not really) when i found out it was at 1pm not 2?!?! OMG LOL. WHY I SO BLUR. Hahaha we immediately left and i rushed to SIS for my paper!! GOT THERE JUST ON TIME. YAYY THANK GOODNESS I CHECKED. 

I was quite panicky during the paper though :( AND I FOUND IT HARD NOOO :'( I practised so hard for stats and i was really banking on it. Like i was legit aiming for A+....WELL looks like that's not happening. But it's okay lahh. I think i've kinda accepted it?? HOPEFULLY I'LL MANAGE AN A-. 

So a depressed me went to look for Andy at his house and w0w he did a great job cheering me up (thumbs up x2) Hehe thanks for treating me to ice-cream and just being so patient with me!! I'm always an emotional wreck (esp when it comes to results) & idk how he deals with me but somehow he just does it :O And he still made sure i continued studying HAHA. Well i had to...life goes on even when things go wrong. Omg that rhymed & it just made it sound 10x cheesier HAHAHA.  BUT YEAP. It wasn't entirely a bad day :D

Soo at pretty much the usual time his dad drove me home & i came home to see a parcel waiting for me :D

YAY bought a top from Carousell (it's originally from rwb) and it arrived!! :) IT'S A BIT TOO BIG THOUGH. Look at the armhole i'm probably gonna alter it before actually wearing it out haha. 

Day before Blaw and TWC

Spent the entire day at home and Andy came over to accompany me again!! He was just watching shows and playing with his new snake game almost the entire time haha. Halfway he went to the gym and swam too!! SO SHIOK. I was just busy chionging blaw and twc and getting annoyed over someone LOL. I shan't elaborate can't be bothered :P But yeahh the day felt really long yet really short?? Long cause i was really sick of studying but short cause i also needed more time :( I regret not preparing more for these two mods!! AH WELL.

Here's a random pic of him from that day haha. YAY thanks for accompanying me again :) So the day finally ended and it was time to prep for my last day of finals!! (also the most intense day) 

End of finals hehe

Couldn't quite sleep the night before but it definitely could've been worse! So i'm still thankful haha. BIZ LAW WENT PRETTY WELL YAYY. So rare to hear that about blaw right haha it's cause my prof was nice enough to set an easy paper!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT. It was v straightforward haha. Any harder and i might've just panicked and screwed it up. So yeah that was def by God's grace :) 

Then Pearl and i went to look for Joy and we had lunch tgt at City hall :D

BEFORE THAT...I HELPED PEARL TAKE STEP PICS. Cause guess what, she bought Liese's ash brown hoping to fix her roots but she got the colour she initially wanted!! GREY OMG. $20 to get grey hair how worth it :O I was v happy for her when i saw it HAHA. 

I TRIED MY BEST. Hahaha in the end she posted this gif taken with the boomerang app!! I THINK IT'S REALLY NICE :D

So we had lunch at the food court then went back to school! Joy and i wanted to study in Starbucks initially but we figured it's better to be closer to the exam venue haha. So yeap we headed back then said bye to Pearl! Studied TWC for awhile but it was quite hard to focus partly cause i was really tired :( Felt like my brain was half dead but i tried my best lah. And i think i tried my best during the paper!! It was hard omg but i know everyone else found it hard also so i'm not too worried i guess? Not sure how i'll do but no point dwelling on it haha. LOL halfway during the paper i seriously felt like laughing cause his questions are like ?!?$#? I'm just like....what possessed you to even think that you taught this to us before -.- How to study for a paper with content that your prof never even covered before HMM. Oh well but it was expected! Sooo just gonna put it all behind me haha.

The sem is over and i'm glad that i can just blog about it without feeling too sad over finals HAHA. I'm just really excited to make the most out of my holiday :D We're going to Bali soon YAYY. HEHE CAN'T WAIT :) First overseas trip with friends omg hope it'll be good :) Hehe so yeap that's all i guess! I met Grace today but i'll blog about that in the next post! CYA SOON :)
-Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment