Thursday, January 10, 2013

Results day

Hi there. I feel quite at peace now. After crying for so long i think i've finally managed to calm myself down. Yes 10 points, i'm not sure why but i think i would've been a lot happier with 9. It actually makes a significant difference. Anyway i'm so happy for my friends who are contented with their results! Lol i actually started crying even before collecting my results, i just felt really stressed! Especially after Mrs Tan announced the names of the girls who got 5 A1s, congratulations to them they must have worked really hard! :) So thankful for my mom and sister who were there to encourage me, oh and as well as my section mates! I hope they'll be motivated to do well after seeing how affected i was by my results haha. Really appreciate how they tried to comfort me! :) Not forgetting my classmates of course, every time someone came up to me to give me encouragement somehow i just felt worse :( And i cried even harder. At that point i was just like "THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE", but it definitely isn't.

This is a serious reminder that life isn't perfect and i shouldn't expect it to be perfect. But God has given us many blessings in life and His grace is more than enough for us. My mom told me to just count my blessings and that's exactly what i'm gonna do! 10 points isn't that bad, come to think of it. It just isn't good enough for me to enter ACJC, that's okay. Just because i really want to enter AC doesn't mean i will. I'm just gonna appeal and see what happens from there! Also, another reason why i felt bitter was because i'm afraid of what others might think of me, and that is actually quite foolish. I think even if i get 6 points there will still be people out there who will judge me. That's something far beyond my control. But it's okay we're not here to please everyone. I know i did my best and right now i'm very much contented with my results :) I thank God truly for bringing me through this O Level journey and I know that He has great plans for all of us! No matter what your result is, as long as you've tried your best i think you deserve a pat on the..head! Haha gonna move on to my next post soon, bye then! :)
-Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment