Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Last two days in Karuizawa!

Hiiii. The past two days weren't all that wonderful. I feel like being here with just my mom and siblings for once is different with coming with my cousins or other relatives as well. It's like we're all taking turns to throw tantrums and shout at one another and also my mom seems especially stressed. Moreover I kinda hate how we get up so late everyday and throughout our stay at the ski resort, we were hardly on time for our lessons. Punctuality is pretty important in my opinion and for these kinda stuff it's really quite rude to show up late. I think when you're meeting your friends/family it isn't as bad but in these kinda instances when someone is doing you a service, the decent thing to do would be to just show up on time. And my mom says things like "nvm we can just go there slowly" so yeap I get quite confused and sometimes annoyed. Oh well.  And for some reason it's been bothering me how I can't snowboard/ski as well now :( Usually I do exceedingly better than my siblings (not boasting but it's just cause I'm much older) but this trip I kinda blend in and sometimes i do worse. Haha idk if you really get what I'm saying :P but yeap it's tiring to try and convince myself that I'm okay with it but really I'm not :( oh well just need to accept that I can't always get what I want. Haha sorry for such a long rant. I'll talk about the next two days quite briefly cause there isn't that much that I want to rmb from it. 

Woke up at about 11 ytd? Haha yeah it's really late :P really don't like how we waste so much time and idk how I was ever okay with it :O HAHA the people staying in the resort consider 9.30 late :P hehe but I had this really cute and tasty drink to improve my morning!! :) 

We told them we were gonna get our snowboarding equipment at 12.30 so at around 12 (when everyone finally got up and changed) we rushed to restaurant Porto for lunch!! It's this restaurant that's part of the hotel haha. Tried their baked seafood curry rice which was pretty good but sadly  I didn't have much time to slowly enjoy it haha. 

Grabbed our snowboarding equipment and headed to the slopes!! I'll probably upload a pic with our snowboarding coach eventually haha it's in my mom's phone! Like our skiing coach he's really nice and encouraging! Haha but he's quieter so it's awkward when we went up the ski lift with him :P good thing that all 3 of us talk a lot haha. 

Snowboarding was tiring hahaha we fell sooo many times!! Somehow for snowboarding I don't really mind falling although it's damn painful haha. But I don't feel like a failure when I fall or anything cause it's really quite common for snowboarders to fall :P he went quite fast like he didn't focus too much on the basics and we were quite shocked when he asked us to try snowboarding backwards haha. But we still tried it and somehow we weren't too bad!! IMO HAHA. I couldn't figure out how to turn though (like from facing forward to facing backwards) it was kinda tough :O so yeap that was partly why I was sad again haha and my bro could do it :O SO PRO.

Went back to the hotel and since it was our last night there we decided to treat ourselves to a good dinner!! :) WE HAD SUKIYAKI AGAIN. But the sukiyaki here sucks compared to the restaurant we usually visit haha. It's called Imahan. WAH they really set the bar damn high :P we tried so hard to salvage the situation by like cooking our egg and stuff so it would taste better hahaha it was embarrassing. So yeah the meal wasn't that satisfying but in a way we had fun? :P hehe and that night my sis and I had a massage!! FEMALE MASSUSE THIS TIME. Haha it was quite shiok although she touched me at a few awkward areas hahaha and I kept laughing at first cause it was damn ticklish :P Haha so that's all for the yesterday!! 

ANDD LAST DAY IN THE SKI RESORT. I wasn't looking forward to it that much haha. Basically our lesson today was from 10-2 with an hour break in between from 12-1! It was snowing throughout the day!! New experience for us haha. We've never gone snowboarding/skiing while it was snowing before! Had to wear our goggles and it was seriously cold haha. Still managed to snowboard though! :) 

During our lunch break! The snow was really heavy :O can't really see it from the pic though haha. 

We didn't fall as much today! :) and I managed to turn hahaha. FINALLY. So yeap the day kinda started off well :) haha unfortunately during our last time up the slope (after our lesson ended) i couldn't get off the ski lift properly and I fell :( I tried really hard :(( that wasn't so bad but what really annoyed me was when my siblings COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING AT ME. It's not fun to fall lol it hurts so badly and they didn't even ask me if I was okay. So yeap horribly annoyed, I just went down the slope without waiting for them. I guess I kinda regret it but then again I had to bring my message across. Oh well I wish I wasn't so spiteful :( yeap that concludes our snowboarding experience!! MY KNEES ARE BRUISED NOW:( Haha so after that we went back to rest at the lounge!! :) 

Ordered some drinks and my siblings went out to play with snow haha. After awhile I went out to join them!! 

Found them lying here and letting snow accumulate haha. So funny :P 


My brother kept tackling us hahaha and the clothes I wore weren't completely waterproof :( 

SO MUCH SNOW IN MY HAIR :O Thank goodness I wore a hat haha if not it would've been a lot worse :P

SIBLING SELFIE :) this was after my hat fell on the snow :( 

Shaking the snow out of the branches haha 

My sis threw a huge tantrum afterwards cause we had a mini snowball fight and got a lot of snow in her hair :P and she kept making a lot of unnecessary and mean comments afterwards omg... We just kinda ignored her haha I suppose it's better than talking back. 

Packed and finally left for the train station!!

It was especially nice to see the snow fall here cause it's against the sky (which is dark) so you can see it really clearly :) 

Yeap took the train back to Tokyo station and had dinner there!! Haha apparently the best local food is found in the station so we decided to explore the place a bit! 

Found this ramen street with a whole row of eateries only selling ramen :O haha couldn't decide which to go to but we just chose this one!! Ordered their miso ramen and it comes with cheese! :O surprisingly the cheese really made it taste better haha. It was a lovely meal :) 

Then my siblings visited another Pokemon centre and I went to look at accessories hahaha shit I need to stop buying earrings I bought two earlier on and this time I bought another one along with a necklace?! SO MUCH $$. Haha oh well I'll take it as my Christmas present to myself!! 

So we're back at Dai-ichi hotel now! :D haha last day tmr!! HOPE WE SPEND JT WELL. But I'm not gonna expect too much I guess. Haha just excited to spend some time with Andy and my friends :) hehe that's all for now then!! Sorry there are so few pictures haha but I just wanna blog first in case i forgot everything :O HEHE BYE FOR NOW :)
-Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment