Monday, December 3, 2012

Gorgeous city of Venice

Hey there! Sorry can't upload photos cause i'm blogging with my phone. It's a long story but basically i can only use to ipad to add photos to my post and i can't access the wifi using it. But i'll still blog! :) Yeap, so we went to the city of Venice today! It's old but still beautiful. Unfortunately, the weather today was not so nice. Like yesterday, it drizzled. And it's really windy in Venice which made it like 10 times colder than Milan! The cold was still bearable in the afternoon but omg at night I was like about to faint from it! Put on any piece of clothing that I could find in my bag lol. I looked a bit stupid but whatever, when you're freezing you don't really care about coordination haha.

 Venice is definitely more interesting than Milan, I had more fun hehe. The gondola ride was really cool, (although the man rowing the gondola was kinda unfriendly) we kept taking photos lol Dan was complaining about it like mad. Hmm the whole of Venice is just filled with bridges, alleys (forming smth like a maze) and small shops. There are no cars in Venice at all! It's good for sight-seeing but I don't think I could ever get used to living in a place like it.

We had to take a 4-hour bus ride to Venice which didn't feel very long. Stopped twice, first to buy some stuff and this food place and second to eat lunch! Like yesterday, we had a tour guide, who spoke to us through an audio set (didn't bring it up in the previous post). We just placed the earpiece in our ear and we could hear whatever she was saying even if she was way in front of us. Anyway, she brought us into this church which is really well designed. The whole place just looked so pretty. If only we were allowed to take photos :( Visited a glass factory too where we saw exactly how glass is made, it was damn cool. Then we entered this shop, selling glassy stuff. Some salesman introduced the types of glass cups and all to us. They are really exquisite and beautiful but terribly ex :/ I bought two pairs of earrings for 25 euros each though! (probably the cheapest item there) One for myself and one for Min :)

Had dinner at a small restaurant which is apparently known for it's black squid pasta. It sounded weird but I still tried it, out of curiousity (will post a pic) Lol it tasted just like ordinary spaghetti with tomato sauce! Pshh. We were expecting something that was more different :/ Yeap, went back at about 7 plus and here we are at the hotel now! Not as cool as ytd's but still okay I guess.  Okay gonna go soon. I have A LOT more to say but we did so much stuff I can't cover everything :( And I don't have photos to help me elaborate! Oh well. I'll upload some photos when there's Internet on the iPad :) CYA THEN!
-Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment